- Division held the first Certificate Course on ENT Diseases and Related Nursing Care for nurses in Hong Kong.
- Annual Visiting Professors in Otorhinolaryngology Programme established.
- Audiology Centre and Speech Therapy Unit were established at the Prince of Wales Hospital.
- Division organised the first Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Workshop for local and overseas ENT surgeons.
- C. A. van Hasselt appointed the first Professor of Surgery (Otorhinolaryngology) in Hong Kong.
- Professor C. A. van Hasselt contributed in the establishment of Nasopharyngeal Cancer Research Foundation within Faculty of Medicine.
- Professor C. A. van Hasselt was a Steering Committee Member for the formation of the Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngologists dedicated to formulating guidelines for ENT basic and higher training.
- Division introduced a new cancer treatment, photodynamic therapy, for the second most common cancer in the territory – nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Division extended its clinical service to the United Christian Hospital.
- Division started to organise regular ENT attachment programmes for members of the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians.
- Dr C. A. van Hasselt developed the “Hong Kong Flap”, an innovative technique for restructuring radical mastoid cavities, and introduced it to the international community. The technique is now practised worldwide.
- Division organised the first Update Course for the Hong Kong College of General Practitioners (now renamed the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians). These Update Courses are now regular fixtures in the College’s educational programme.
- About ENT
- Staff Profiles
- Prof TONG Chi Fai Michael
- Prof VAN HASSELT Charles Andrew
- Dr VLANTIS Alexander Chris
- Dr WOO Kong Sang John
- Dr CHAN Ying Kuen Jason
- Dr WONG Wai Yeung Eddy
- Dr ABDULLAH Victor James
- Dr KU Ka Ming Peter
- Dr TSANG Shun Sang Willis
- Dr CHOW Man Wai Samuel
- Dr SOO Ming Soon Gordon
- Prof LEE Yuet Sheung Kathy
- Prof NG Hoi Yee Iris
- Dr YEUNG Ngan Kam Kammy
- Dr PEREIRA Valerie J.
- News & Events
- Academic Research
- Private Services
- Contact Us
Created jtemplate joomla templates