- Department ran its first Transoral Thyroidectomy Workshop.
- Division of Speech Therapy introduced the Master of Science Programme in Speech-Language Pathology. Graduates are expected to be equipped with knowledge to serve as speech therapists to manage the diverse populations with communication disorders and dysphagia at various medical and educational settings, both domestically and globally.
- Department received Dr. Wayne F. Larrabee Jr., Director, Larrabee Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, U.S.A. under the Distinguished Scholar Scheme.
- As the congress secretariat and a co-organizer, Department run the Rhinology World Congress – Hong Kong 2017.
- Division of Speech Therapy introduced the Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Communication Disorders and Sciences. The programme was very well-received and trained professionals to manage people with communication and swallowing disorders in the Chinese-speaking population.
- Department developed and released the Cantonese Spoken Word Recognition Test (CanSWORT), a validated assessment tool for spoken word recognition ability in Cantonese and applicable to paediatric population as young as 3 years of age, with hearing sensitivity ranging from profound impairment to typical, and with or without using hearing device(s).
- Department underwent a review on teaching and research by a Visiting Committee.
- Department received Professor Michael G. Stewart, Weill Cornell Medical College, U.S.A. under the Distinguished Scholar Scheme.
- Department ran the Hong Kong International Sialendoscopy and Salivary Gland Conference for the first time.
- Department developed the specialised technique for total endoscopic ear surgery. The technique is shared with surgeons in Hong Kong and from overseas through various training workshops in the following years.
- About ENT
- Staff Profiles
- Prof TONG Chi Fai Michael
- Prof VAN HASSELT Charles Andrew
- Dr VLANTIS Alexander Chris
- Dr WOO Kong Sang John
- Dr CHAN Ying Kuen Jason
- Dr WONG Wai Yeung Eddy
- Dr ABDULLAH Victor James
- Dr KU Ka Ming Peter
- Dr TSANG Willis S. S.
- Dr CHOW Man Wai Samuel
- Dr SOO Ming Soon Gordon
- Prof LEE Yuet Sheung Kathy
- Prof NG Hoi Yee Iris
- Dr YEUNG Ngan Kam Kammy
- Dr PEREIRA Valerie J.
- News & Events
- Academic Research
- Private Services
- Contact Us
Created jtemplate joomla templates