- Deputy Chief, Division of Speech Therapy
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, CUHK
- Assistant Director
The Institute of Human Communicative Research, CUHK
Thomas is a speech-language pathologist registered in Hong Kong and Australia. He has been practicing clinician for about 20 years, specialising in stuttering, fluency disorders, and multilingual acquisition and its disorders. He is currently the Deputy Chief of Division of Speech Therapy. Thomas’ research includes intervention outcomes and epidemiology in both stuttering and voice disorders, topography and linguistic trigger of stuttering, and issues regarding perceptual evaluation of voice.
- PhD candidate in Health Sciences, USyd
- MSc in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, CUHK
- BAppSc (Speech Pathology), USyd
- Voice Disorders and laryngology, stuttering and fluency disorders, clinical education
- Voice disorders and stuttering (Lidcombe Program)
- Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP, Australia)
- Registered Speech Therapist (Register of Speech Therapists accredited by Department of Health)
- Honorary Speech Therapist, NTEC, Hospital Authority
- Accreditor of University Programs, Speech Pathology Australia
- Trainer, Lidcombe Program Trainers Consortium
- Committee Member of the Registration Committee of The Hong Kong Institute of Speech Therapists
- Committee Member of the Fluency Committee of The International Association Logopedics and Phoniatrics
- Programme Leader of Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology, CUHK
- Assistant Director, Institute of Human Communicative Research, CUHK
- Liu, Y., Lee, T., Law, T., Lee, K.Y.-S. (2019) Acoustic assessment of voice disorders with continuous speech using ASR posterior features. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing. 27(6): 1047-1059.
- Law, T., Packman, A. Onslow, M., To, C.K.-S., Tong, M.C.-F., Lee, K.Y.-S. (2018). Rhythmic speech and stuttering reduction in a syllable-timed language. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 32(10): 932-949.
- Liu, Y., Lee, T., Law, T., Lee, K.Y.-S., Ching, P.C. (2018). Prediction of voice disorder severity: Contributions from sustained vowels and continuous speech. 11th International Symposium on Chinese Spoken Language Processing, ISCSLP. Proceedings 8706612: 290-294.
- Law, T., Packman, A. Onslow, M., To, C.K.-S., Tong, M.C.-F., Lee, K.Y.-S. (2018). Lexical tone and stuttering in Cantonese. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 32(4): 285-297.
- Law, T., Packman, A., Onslow, M., To, C.K.-S., Tong, M.C.-F., Lee, K.Y-S. (2017). The topography of stuttering in Cantonese. Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica. 69:110-117.
- Law, T., Lee, K.Y.-S., Wong, R.W.-M., Leung, Y., Ku, P.K.-M., Wong, W.W.-Y., Li, H.-N., Ng, L.K.-Y., van Hasselt, C.A., Tong, M.C.-F. (2017). Effects of electrical stimulation on vocal functions in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Laryngoscope. 127(5): 1119-1124.
- Liu, Y., Lee, T., Ching, P.C., Law, T., Lee, K.Y.-S. (2017). Acoustic assessment of disordered voice with continuous speech based on utterance-level ASR posterior features. Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association, INTERSPEECH 2017-August: 2680-2684.
- Lee, T., Liu, Y., Huang, P.-W., Chien, J.-T., Lam, W.K., Yeung,Y.T., Law, T., Lee, K.Y.-S., Kong, A.P.-H., Law, S.-P. (2016). Automatic speech recognition for acoustical analysis and assessment of Cantonese pathological voice and speech. ICASSP, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing – Proceedings 2016-May,7472924: 6475-6479.
- Chan, Y.T., Leung, W.-N.A., Sun, W., Zhang, H., Lin, Z.-X. ... Law, T., Wong, W.-M. (2015). Clinical study on the treatment of post-stroke dysphagia using acupuncture: analysis on the interim results. Hong Kong Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 10(4): 53-56.
- Lee, J.S.W., Chui, P.Y.; Ma, H.M.; Auyeung, T.W.; Kng, C., Law, T., Ng, L.K.Y., Tam, K.F., Tang, W.H., Chan, B.Y.T., Tong, M.C.F., Wong, K.T., Yuen, Y.-H., Yuk, K.L., Kwok, T. (2015) Does low dose angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor prevent pneumonia in older people with neurologic dysphagia – a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 16(8): 702-707.
- Lee, J.P.-W., Law, T., Lam, G.Y.-H., To, C.K.-S. (2013) Role of sentence final particles and intonation in irony comprehension in Cantonese-speaking children with and without ASD. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics. 27(1): 18-32.
- To, C.K.-S., Law, T., Cheung, P.S.-P. (2012) Treatment intensity in everyday clinical management of speech sound disorders in Hong Kong. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. 14(5); 462-466.
- To, C. K.-S., Law, T., Li, X.X. (2012). The influence of additional language learning on first language learning in children with language disorders. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders. 47(2), 208-216.
- Law, T., Kim, J.H., Lee, K.Y.-S., Tang, E.C.-H., Lam, J.H.S., van Hasselt, A.C., Tong, M.C.-F. (2012). Comparison of rater’s reliability on perceptual evaluation of different types of voice samples. Journal of Voice. 26(5); 666.e13-666.e21
- Law, T., Lee, K.Y.-S., Ho, F.N.-Y., Vlantis, A.C., van Hasselt, A.C., Tong, M.C.-F. (2012). The effectiveness of group voice therapy: a group climate perspective. Journal of Voice. 26(2); e41-e48.
- Telephone number.: (852) 3943 9609