- Associate Professor
Director of Undergraduate Teaching
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, CUHK
- Assistant Dean (Health Systems)
Faculty of Medicine, CUHK
- Deputy Director
CUHK Jockey Club Minimally Invasive Surgical Skills Center
Dr Chan graduated from Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ School of Medicine in London, followed by specialist training in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck surgery at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions with advanced training in Head and Neck surgery, microvascular reconstruction and robotics. He is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at The Chinese University of Hong Kong with research interests in head and neck cancers, the microbiome in head and neck cancers and the application of robotics in Head and Neck Surgery.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
LMCHK, MBBS (London), DABOto, FRCSEd(ORL), FHKCORL, FHKAM(Otorhinolaryngology)
- Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma, The Microbiome in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Minimally Invasive Head and Neck Surgery
- Stanford University, Palo Alto, USA, July 2019
- Chan JYK, Wong EWY, Lam W. Practical Aspects of Otolaryngologic Clinical Services During the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Epidemic: An Experience in Hong Kong. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2020 Mar 20. doi: 10.1001/jamaoto.2020.0488. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32196070.
- Ngan HL, Poon PHY, Su YX, Chan JYK, Lo KW, Yeung CK, Liu Y, Wong E, Li H, Lau CW, Piao W, Lui VWY. Erlotinib sensitivity of MAPK1p.D321N mutation in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. NPJ Genom Med. 2020 Apr 20;5:17. doi: 10.1038/s41525-020-0124-5. eCollection 2020. PubMed PMID: 32351709; PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC7171136.
- Gupta A, Arora V, Nair D, Agrawal N, Su YX, Holsinger FC, Chan JYK. Status and strategies for the management of head and neck cancer during COVID-19 pandemic: Indian scenario. Head Neck. 2020 May 1. 42(7); 1460-1465 doi: 10.1002/hed.26227. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32357281.
- Ngan HL, Liu Y, Fong AY, Poon PHY, Yeung CK, Chan SSM, Lau A, Piao W, Li H, Tse JSW, Lo KW, Chan SM, Su YX, Chan JYK, Lau CW, Mills GB, Grandis JR, Lui VWY. MAPK pathway mutations in head and neck cancer affect immune microenvironments and ErbB3 signaling. Life Sci Alliance. 2020 May 7;3(6). pii: e201900545. doi: 10.26508/lsa.201900545. Print 2020 Jun. PubMed PMID: 32381551.
- Chan JYK, Yoon W. Koh, Jeremy Richmon, Jaewook Kim, F. Christopher Holsinger, Lisa Orloff, Angkoon Anuwong Transoral thyroidectomy with a next generation flexible robotic system: A feasibility study in a cadaveric model. Gland Surgery Nov 2019; 6(6): 644-647 doi: 10.21037/gs.2019.10.13
- Chan JYK; Raymond Tsang; F. Christopher Holsinger; Michael Tong; Philip Chiu; Simon Ng; Eddy Wong. Prospective Clinical Trial To Evaluate Safety and Feasibility of using a Single Port Flexible Robotic System for Transoral Head and Neck Surgery. Oral Oncology 2019 Jul;94:101-105. doi: 10.1016/