- Director of Research
Clinical Professional Consultant
Associate Professor of Practice in Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
Dr. Alexander Vlantis is Clinical Professional Consultant in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery of The Chinese University of Hong Kong at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Hong Kong. His interest is head and neck oncological surgery, including surgery for recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma. He coordinates the undergraduate ENT programme for Medical Students of The Chinese University of Hong Kong Medical Faculty. Prior to his present appointment he worked in South Africa and The Netherlands.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate training at the University of Witwatersrand Faculty of Health Sciences School of Clinical Medicine Teaching Hospitals in South Africa, and Fellowship training at the Radboud University Medical Center in the Netherlands.
- Research in head and neck and thyroid cancer, both clinical and laboratory based.
- Head and Neck Oncology Surgery
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, MBBCh.
- Diplomate in Anaesthetics of the Faculty of Anaesthetics, The College of Medicine of South Africa, DA(SA).
- Fellow of College of Surgeons of South Africa - Otorhinolaryngology, The College of Medicine of South Africa, FCS(SA)ORL.
- Fellow (Foundation Fellow - by election), The College of Surgeons of Hong Kong, FCS(HK).
- Fellow (Without Examination) of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, FRCSEd.
- Honorary Advisor, Department of Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery, Hong Kong Hospital Authority, New Territories East Cluster, Hong Kong.
- Fellow of the College of Surgeons of Hong Kong
- Fellow of the College of Surgeons of South Africa
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- General Medical Council (U.K.): Full registration as a Medical Practitioner
- General Medical Council (U.K.): Inclusion on Specialist Registe in Otolaryngology
- Health Professions Council of South Africa: Specialist Registration in Otorhinolaryngology
- Netherlands Association of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Refereed Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Journal papers (108)
- Conference abstracts (44)
- Non-Refereed Publications in Conference Proceedings and Book Chapters
- Conference abstracts (49)
- Book chapters (18)