- Clinical Professional Consultant
Professor of Practice in Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (by courtesy)
- Director of Postgraduate Teaching
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, CUHK
- Honorary Consultant
Department of Ear, Nose and Throat, Prince of Wales Hospital
Dr. Woo obtained his MBBS degree in the University of Hong Kong in 1983. He obtained his FRCSEd in Otolaryngology in 1989. Dr. Woo was founding fellow of the College of Surgeons of Hong Kong and of the Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngologists. Dr. Woo was conferred fellowship in Otorhinolaryngology by the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine in 1993. Dr. Woo is currently ENT Honorary Consultant at the Prince of Wales Hospital. Dr. Woo has special interest in the field of Rhinology and Endoscopic Sino-nasal Surgery in his clinical practice.
Dr. Woo firmly believes in continuous education and training and has been actively involved with postgraduate teaching. He has organized regular ENT Update Courses for general practitioners and family physicians since 1990; regular FESS Courses with Cadaver Dissection since 1993; regular Certificate ENT Nursing Courses since 1995. Dr. Woo has also supervised candidates through their master and PhD programs.
- MBBS (HK), FRCS (Edinburgh), DLO (London), FHKCORL, FHKAM (Otorhinolaryngology)
Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies
- Fellow, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow, the College of Surgeons of Hong Kong
- Fellow, the Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngology
- Fellow, the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Founding Fellow, the Hong Kong Surgical Laser Association
- Member, the Royal Society of Medicine (U.K.)
- Ex-member, the Occupational Deafness Medical Committee
- Ex-chairman, the Co-ordinating Committee [ENT], Hospital Authority of Hong Kong
- Immediate Past President, the Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngologists
Research and Publications
Dr. Woo has a broad research interest including Rhinology, Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and ENT infections and has published over eighty peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
- Over 250 oral, poster and video presentations