- Clinical Professional Consultant
Professor of Practice in Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (by courtesy)
Director of Health Systems
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, CUHK
- Clinical Director in ENT Services, CUHK Medical Centre
- Honorary Consultant
Department of Ear, Nose and Throat, Prince of Wales Hospital (PWH)
Dr. Woo obtained his MBBS degree in the University of Hong Kong in 1983. He obtained his FRCSEd in General Surgery in 1988 and FRCSEd in Otolaryngology in 1989. Dr. Woo was founding fellow of the College of Surgeons of Hong Kong and of the Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngologists. Dr. Woo was conferred fellowship in Otorhinolaryngology by the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine in 1993. Dr. Woo has special interest in the field of Rhinology and Endoscopic Sino-nasal Surgery in his clinical practice. In 1991, Dr. Woo set up the Rhinology Clinic in PWH to gather experience and coordinating research in rhinology and endoscopic sino-nasal surgery. In 1992, Dr. Woo set up the nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC) clinic in the ENT Department of the PWH in 1992 collaborating inter-departmental NPC research since then. Early diagnosis of NPC and management of treatment related morbidity of NPC patients are amongst his research interests.
Dr. Woo firmly believes in continuous education and training and has been actively involved with postgraduate teaching. He has organized regular ENT Update Courses for general practitioners and family physicians since 1990; regular FESS Courses with Cadaver Dissection since 1993; regular Certificate ENT Nursing Courses since 1995. Dr. Woo has also supervised candidates through their Master and PhD programs.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- MBBS (HK), FRCS (Edinburgh), DLO (London), FHKCORL, FHKAM (Otorhinolaryngology)
Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies
- Fellow, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow, the College of Surgeons of Hong Kong
- Fellow, the Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngology
- Fellow, the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Founding Fellow, the Hong Kong Surgical Laser Association
- Member, the Royal Society of Medicine (U.K.)
- Chairman, the Co-ordinating Committee [ENT], Hospital Authority of Hong Kong 2012-2014
- President, the Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngologists between 2014-2017
Research and Publications
Dr. Woo has a broad research interest including Rhinology, Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and ENT infections and has published over eighty peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
Over 250 oral, poster and video presentations